world of color
Don't laugh....but didn't Dorothy land in a world of color after her tornado? =)
I have had some beautifully colorful and great moments this week (even during a "tornado")!
For one, when I entered my mom's house Saturday night, this was waiting for me.....
Roses, candles and my favorite meal of homemade spaghetti! This is just like my mom to do this kind of thing for her kids and an early Valentines dinner is exactly what I needed! She is amazing!
A second "vibrant" moment was a simply a number. 3. What is this number? The number of pounds I lost last week by counting exact calories through "Daily Plate" on my iPod Touch. AHHHH!!! What a beautiful, beautiful thing. Since I cannot get to the gym, food is the answer (or lack of). 1300 calories is ALL that I am letting myself eat if I don't work out. It is working! This summer will be different. I'm so determined. I AM going to soak in however many years that I have left of wearing a two-piece swimsuit (what IS the age cut-off, anyway?).....and not be embarrassed.
Sunday's beautiful moment was (naturally) related to football. If you read my blog at all, or know me, you know that I love football with a passion. I'm not an expert, but I can watch a game and follow it. I love the announcing, the intensity, and the competition. I especially would have loved the Super Bowl had Dallas or Carolina been in it. We won't get into THAT situation (ugh). The commercials were kind of not great this year, but oh my goodness, was this one adorable or WHAT!!!
I have had some beautifully colorful and great moments this week (even during a "tornado")!
For one, when I entered my mom's house Saturday night, this was waiting for me.....
Roses, candles and my favorite meal of homemade spaghetti! This is just like my mom to do this kind of thing for her kids and an early Valentines dinner is exactly what I needed! She is amazing!
A second "vibrant" moment was a simply a number. 3. What is this number? The number of pounds I lost last week by counting exact calories through "Daily Plate" on my iPod Touch. AHHHH!!! What a beautiful, beautiful thing. Since I cannot get to the gym, food is the answer (or lack of). 1300 calories is ALL that I am letting myself eat if I don't work out. It is working! This summer will be different. I'm so determined. I AM going to soak in however many years that I have left of wearing a two-piece swimsuit (what IS the age cut-off, anyway?).....and not be embarrassed.
Sunday's beautiful moment was (naturally) related to football. If you read my blog at all, or know me, you know that I love football with a passion. I'm not an expert, but I can watch a game and follow it. I love the announcing, the intensity, and the competition. I especially would have loved the Super Bowl had Dallas or Carolina been in it. We won't get into THAT situation (ugh). The commercials were kind of not great this year, but oh my goodness, was this one adorable or WHAT!!!

You're right, I always remember your mom being so thoughtful and creative! Funny, we both were thankful for our mom's this week with our blogs. Aren't moms the best!?!
ReplyDelete