peace inside a tornado
This pretty much sums up my life in the last week. I've been dealing with some crud situations (not friend or family related), and I have hated it. But deep (and I mean deep) down I have had a peace that "no matter what" I would be okay. I give full credit to my God. He is the only reason that I made it through a couple of tornadoes that are still settling down. I escaped to Charlotte again this weekend - partially to escape, mostly to see my mom, and also to watch the SUPER BOWL! AH! - and on the drive back Monday morning I was miserable. I knew in my gut that God was with me, and I knew that no circumstances of my life were outside his control. But I was in tears with some uncertainties and frustrations. I turned on the radio and the first song playing was one I had heard before...."Stronger" by Mandisa. It was sooo God speaking to me. (I am one that believes that these little moments do not happen by mistake). The song is basically an encouragement that difficult situations simply make us stronger, and we will come out on the other side. And two days later, I can agree with that. I am a little stronger, perhaps a little worse for the wear, but I am okay. And truly, I know that my God is with me. I can feel it every minute. And I have also learned quite a bit! And I have been reminded that I have such a great support around me in every way. I know that it is weird to allude to struggle so openly on here and yet not write details. Trust me that the details are not important. I just encourage anyone reading this who is struggling with ANY life situation, that there is a Father in Heaven who adores us. Another song that I love says, "The hands that hold the universe are holding you tonight." Nuff said! =)
Comments
Post a Comment