pre-wedding festivities continue!

Blair's wedding is getting ever closer....about 10 days to be exact. We are all definitely feeling the craziness, that is for sure. Are weddings ever really "simple" affairs?? Despite the hectic schedule of wedding planning, we are all so excited for next week and have high hopes for a wonderful wedding weekend. Blair is the first of us four kids to get married, the first cousin on one side & only the second on the other to get married - so we are all new at this wedding thing! =)

We celebrated with my dad's family this weekend to give them a chance to meet Matthew and his family. My dad's family is huge and most of them were able to come with us to Falls Lake park for two big meals, football, and "hanging out." The rain held off (as the rainbow in the morning promised us!) and Blair and I sobbed leaving because it was such a special day. We didn't want it to end.

I feel so lucky to have such great families on both sides. I have tons of cousins that I have grown up with....three grandparents that are still living (really, who can say that at age 29?)....and both sides are Christ followers. Even though we are all "human," there sure is a lot of love around here! And I am a lucky girl.

.

Comments

  1. Congratulations to Blair!!! I'm sure the wedding will be beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so great that she's getting married soon. Congratulations to them!! What a fun and exciting time. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Winter and Spring 2017 Recap (A "life of Brooke" shocker!!)

an epic week