"suitable for two good women to enter"
On Saturday evening I tweeted, "@AbbyColeman and I are on a mission. We are going to stop at every place suitable for two good women to enter until we find the men in winston."
This was serious. The situation was getting out of control. As in - there was NO situation happening. We were beginning to think that eligible single men in winston were as mythical as unicorns and the loch ness monster. Or as rare as a day in the spring when my eyes aren't watering.
Let's review this tweet for a second. "every place suitable for two good women to enter." You read this right. Two good women. Suitable to enter. In no way was this evening going to include anything scandalous. We're "good" girls and quite okay with it. However, we are good girls that enjoy a glass of wine and fun conversation. OH, and I forgot to mention that because we had to work on Saturday, we missed an entire weekend at Holden Beach with our friends. So we set out on our mission.
Destination - Downtown Winston-Salem. Small? Yes. Decent venues? Absolutely. Men? Ummmm......
Then we looked around. "Crap, it's Saturday night before Valentines Day." (How did we forget this fact!?!) Dates all around us....and then me and Abby. Fail! But we sat down anyway. I said to Abby, "okay, you're tall so you have to watch the street outside the window, and if you see any men, figure out where they went!" "Deal." We began to notice the conversations around us. And they were not good. Couples talking about intense issues on their valentines date. After eavesdropping I said, "Okay, we're good. Well, not 'good'. But, good." I guess the grass ain't always greener, as they say. We then moved along down 4th Street. Glanced into five venues......NO ONE between the ages of 25 and 45. I KID YOU NOT. We finally went into NOMA. Lo and behold....two seemingly single (and seemingly straight) men sitting in the upstairs lounge. SCORE!
Abby and I proceeded to sit at the bar, in front of said "seemingly single men." We ordered a glass of wine. The Villanova basketball game was on. We watched. We "talked sports." I purposefully turned around and glanced twice at said men, just to let them know WE knew they were there. There were chairs beside us. And......they continued to sit there. Seriously....they sat there. Then they left! WHAT ELSE ARE GIRLS TO DO??? Ya'll, we even paid attention to sports!!!! I just don't understand. I have no words. Abby said to me afterwards, "do we literally have a sign on our heads saying stay away?" Ab, I don't know.
We went from place to place after that. We stayed five minutes in some places, half an hour in others. We literally did not run into ANY men between the ages of 25 and 45. Literally. I texted my mom and said, "well, you need to move here, because there are tons of men your age, and they would love you!" I knew this town was a college town, but I had never noticed that the over 45 crowd here are such night owls! My world was a little bit confused, I have to say.
So we ended our night with no success. No conversations with men, no phone numbers given. No new facebook friends.
Apparently we were not the only women out on the town trying to find the cuties. I just happened to look at my Living Social application on my iPod this week, and about fell out of the chair laughing when I read it.....
This was serious. The situation was getting out of control. As in - there was NO situation happening. We were beginning to think that eligible single men in winston were as mythical as unicorns and the loch ness monster. Or as rare as a day in the spring when my eyes aren't watering.
Let's review this tweet for a second. "every place suitable for two good women to enter." You read this right. Two good women. Suitable to enter. In no way was this evening going to include anything scandalous. We're "good" girls and quite okay with it. However, we are good girls that enjoy a glass of wine and fun conversation. OH, and I forgot to mention that because we had to work on Saturday, we missed an entire weekend at Holden Beach with our friends. So we set out on our mission.
Destination - Downtown Winston-Salem. Small? Yes. Decent venues? Absolutely. Men? Ummmm......
Stop 1 - Hutch and Harris.
![]() |
| Looked at the specials board.....favorite drink special and favorite pimento cheese pizza. SCORE!! |
![]() |
| looks gross....but it's INSANELY good. |
Abby and I proceeded to sit at the bar, in front of said "seemingly single men." We ordered a glass of wine. The Villanova basketball game was on. We watched. We "talked sports." I purposefully turned around and glanced twice at said men, just to let them know WE knew they were there. There were chairs beside us. And......they continued to sit there. Seriously....they sat there. Then they left! WHAT ELSE ARE GIRLS TO DO??? Ya'll, we even paid attention to sports!!!! I just don't understand. I have no words. Abby said to me afterwards, "do we literally have a sign on our heads saying stay away?" Ab, I don't know.
We went from place to place after that. We stayed five minutes in some places, half an hour in others. We literally did not run into ANY men between the ages of 25 and 45. Literally. I texted my mom and said, "well, you need to move here, because there are tons of men your age, and they would love you!" I knew this town was a college town, but I had never noticed that the over 45 crowd here are such night owls! My world was a little bit confused, I have to say.
So we ended our night with no success. No conversations with men, no phone numbers given. No new facebook friends.
Apparently we were not the only women out on the town trying to find the cuties. I just happened to look at my Living Social application on my iPod this week, and about fell out of the chair laughing when I read it.....




Comments
Post a Comment