Capri and Getting Home (final italy blog)
After Cinque Terre, we took the night train to Naples, then the ferry to Capri. Friends, if you take the night train in Italy, it is worth it to pay the price to have your own cabin. Trust me. We didn't sleep much at all because we were with 5 other people in this cabin.
The island of Capri was amazing! We stayed in an amazing seaside resort, which was perfect for the end of the trip. We didn't walk around, didn't shop, didn't even really try to have an agenda. FANTASTIC. 


Then it was back on the ferry to Naples.


Of course, this water picture reminded me of LOST (sigh).
Heather left that night for her flight to Switzerland, then New York. So I stayed near the airport and completely rested. I'll admit, I also cried like a baby. I seriously get these huge mood swings when I travel - one minute I'm over the top with excitement, the next I'm alone sobbing that its all over. I also spent a lot of time with God that night, just thanking Him for such a great trip, and getting a great reminder of just how much He loves me. It was providential that the television was not working in the hotel room. =)
The next morning I arrived (on time) to the airport, only to find out that my flight had been cancelled, that I had been bumped to an earlier flight (without notice), and it was already gone. Yikes. They were able to put me on the next flight, thank goodness, and it would still get to me JFK in time for my flight to Charlotte with Heather. Whew! Then it got even better. With my boarding pass, the attendant handed me a paper, and said "oh and here is your pass for the VIP Lounge." I suddenly figured out that they had put me in FIRST CLASS. INTERNATIONAL FIRST CLASS!! AHHH!! So I walked through my OWN security line, spent three hours in the VIP lounge, and enjoyed the most amazing food on both flights. And on the long flight from Madrid to New York......I had a seat that turned into a bed. Picture if you will Cameron Diaz in "The Holiday." =)) It was so spectacular that I can't find the vocabulary to even write about it well. Needless to say, I was over the top with gratitude to my Heavenly Father for an amazing end to the most fantastic trip of my life. He really is good, all the time.
Glee. Vino. Coke. Three course dinner. Seat that turns into a bed. Traveling does not get better.
Heather and I decided during this trip that we would have to do a trip like this every five years. If we are both married, then husbands are a must on the trip. But if only one of us is married (gulp), then we're leaving him at home and having a girls getaway! I cannot wait! We're thinking......maybe Hawaii.







Wow, these are gorgeous and great pic of you and Heather! So awesome that you got a first class seat!!!! How fun!! :)
ReplyDeleteOk, so I hadn't gotten to comment yet on your trip pictures, but I HAVE been reading the posts on it. I am completely jealous and love seeing these gorgeous pictures. IT just warms my heart to see how you guys have kept up so well, two people that I have so many great memories with!!
ReplyDeleteThanks you guys! And, Erin, we definitely need to all get together soon! You are right...we have so many fun memories!!
ReplyDelete