best moments of 2011

I am trying very hard not to become a cup-half-empty kind of adult. Confession: It is my natural tendency.  My vivid memory recalls all of the negative along with the good.  But in looking back at 2011, there were some stellar moments of blessing, fun and laughter....and so I wish to recall those times!
  • A new apartment! One that I love, that is historic with hardwood floors, two bedrooms, and a balcony overlooking a park. 
  • A new car! One that I have wanted for two years, with heated leather seats, sunroof, and major trunk space. Treated myself? Yes, yes I did. In love with a machine of metal? Ummmm, yes, yes I am.
  • Time at my beloved Holden Beach. 
  • An entire summer of pool visits with my mama in Charlotte, where we talked for hours, slept on rafts, and ate Jersey Mike sandwiches. 
  • Two AMAZINGLY fun bachelorette weekends! One in Charleston and the other at Chateau Elan. 
  • Two super fun wedding weekends celebrating two of my dearest, dearest friends. 
  • Being able to do some babysitting for a precious baby girl named Margaret. She is now seven months old, and I am quite possibly in love. And I think that God knew I needed a baby fix in addition to that extra grad school money. =) 
  • Entered my fourth year as director of student activities. I am grateful for this job mostly for what it has taught me about myself, and how it has forced me to grow and step outside most of my comfort zones. 
  • I still have three grandparents living....how did I get so lucky?!
  • I STILL HAVE SINGLE FRIENDS!! Sometimes I lose sight of that fact when my core group from high school and college are now ALL MARRIED. But, I do actually have a fun group of single friends in Winston, and it is most definitely nice to not feel completely alone. 
  • Half-way through grad school. Lord have mercy, it is taking FOREVER. But I am half-way done. May of 2013 will get here before I know it (right?!).  
  • The realization that my true niche in my field is First Year Experience. I am grateful for this realization. I am grateful for my future in this area. 
To all of the above, I say "thank you" to my Heavenly Father, because I am fully aware that anything good in my life comes from Him.  And I must ask His forgiveness for the numerous times that I have lost sight of all of this goodness.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter and Spring 2017 Recap (A "life of Brooke" shocker!!)

an epic week

pre-wedding festivities continue!