32

I was sitting in a staff meeting the other day, and a co-worker said "you turn 33 this year, right?" I looked at her in puzzlement, and said "What? What do you mean?" Then it dawned on me. Crap. She's right. I will be 33 in the fall. I used to project birthdays like that ALL the time. I mean, really, who doesn't want to project when you are about to turn fun birthdays like 21, 25, and heck, even 30?! But I had stopped projecting anymore, and so 33 seemed like it was far away. WHERE DOES TIME GO???!!!!

I turned 32 in November on the Friday of my friend Heather's wedding. People asked me that week if I minded that my birthday would be spent doing wedding festivities. I said, "really? It couldn't be more fun! I get to wine/dine on my birthday with two of my high school best friends!!" Granted, it meant that I missed having a birthday dinner with my family this year, but it was still a wonderful birthday.  It was a fun day of a bridesmaid luncheon, being treated to a mani and pedi with the bridal party, and a mexican-food rehearsal dinner. So fun!

And I have to describe to you what my Winston friends did for me before and after my trip! So first of all, my friend Abby arranged a dinner out with our group of friends, and made me the most delicious cake!
Grateful to have this Winston group!
My friend Jenn invited me over for dinner with her kiddos, and they had also baked me a cake! Divine! My fave 14 month old and fave 4 year old sang to me and were so excited to help me celebrate! (Alas, no pictures). 

My friend Katherine (who also got married in November) invited me over for dinner with her husband and his (their) daughters. The girls (who are 6 and 11) made cards for me, Katherine had cooked and baked, and they bestowed me with precious, precious gifts. So sweet and so fun! I am not worthy!!

My birthday ended over Christmas when my mom took me shopping in Blowing Rock for some desperately needed new clothes. Grateful!

All in all, a wonderful birthday!!! And because I want to feel as young as I look, here is a list I've created. I feel better already! 32 is GREAT!

TOP ACTRESSES/ACTORS BORN IN 1979! 
  • John Krasinski
  • Kate Hudson
  • Evangeline Lilly (LOST)
  • Claire Danes
  • Jennifer Morrison (House, Once Upon a Time)
  • Christine Lakin (from Step by Step!)
  • Jennifer Love Hewitt
  • Chris Pratt
  • Rosario Dawson
  • Rachel Leigh Cook ("She's All That")
  • Adam Brody (from "The OC!")
  • Jayma Mays (Glee)
  • Rider Strong (from Boy Meets World!) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter and Spring 2017 Recap (A "life of Brooke" shocker!!)

an epic week

pre-wedding festivities continue!