The Dip


Today was one of those days that I call "The Dip." I won't go into details, but it was a horrible afternoon where I had to pay an incredible amount more for something than it should have been. And it was totally my fault. Yeah, one of those. A sweet old man said "sweetie, so you have a boyfriend or husband to help you with this?" With tears in my eyes I said quietly, "no." I then got in the car and started crying and then called my mom to vent. Hence more tears. My mom reminded me of the best piece of sermon advice that we both had ever heard. The pastor of Elevation Church in Charlotte did a sermon called "The Dip" where he described valleys that we will go through in life...the dips. The best way to get through a dip - whether it is an afternoon dip like mine, or a year long dip - is to remind yourself of all of the times that God has proven His faithfulness to you. Hopefully those reminders will give you a peace that He will never stop extending His faithfulness to you. I am so thankful for His reminder to me today to remember His goodness!! (And His support of my life even when I make stupid mistakes).

Deuteronomy 31:8 "The LORD is the one who goes ahead of you; He will be with you. He will not fail you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter and Spring 2017 Recap (A "life of Brooke" shocker!!)

pre-wedding festivities continue!

Capri and Getting Home (final italy blog)