January 8

Best part of the day: Again, I cannot pick just one!

First of all, as I dropped off leftover hot chocolate to the campus police today, one sweet officer gifted me with a writing pen that he had personally made out of leftover wood from Salem!! It is literally the most gorgeous pen I've ever owned and so special that it is "Salem." I felt so honored to receive that gift.

Secondly, a nap. Yes, a nap. Rarely do I get a nap, but tonight after work, I did. It was WONDERFUL. And again, thank you LORD for this life stage when I can do that!!

Finally, the other great part, which is also heartbreaking, was meeting with the Winston crew to say goodbye to our friend Mary Beth. She fell in love and is moving to Australia, and it is so very bittersweet! We are all so excited for her, but she is going to be missed more than I express in words. I get to see her tomorrow as I drive her to the airport, but tonight was the "friend" farewell. Insert tears here. :(





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter and Spring 2017 Recap (A "life of Brooke" shocker!!)

pre-wedding festivities continue!

Capri and Getting Home (final italy blog)