Memorial Day Weekend

I love Memorial Day weekend because it is (obviously) the start to summer. Summer represents warmth, relaxation, vacation, and for me....evenings and weekends free! (A BIG DEAL).  I always kick off summer by spending Memorial Day weekend in Charlotte with my mom. As she prepares her pool to be opened, I sit and chat with her (let's face it, I am helpless with manual labor. My mom, however, is a beast!).  We sit and talk for hours, swim, and eat great food.

Umm, well, this year the poor pool had a few issues. As in....a broken liner, tadpoles growing in the filter, and basically had to be emptied and started from scratch. By the end of the weekend, the liner was in, and we decided to swim even with the pool only half full, ha. I wish that I had a picture. It was hilarious!

We also went to a Charlotte Knights baseball game, and devoured hot dogs and nachos. We enjoyed the game and the fun entertainment the stadium provided.



Now this is more like it!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter and Spring 2017 Recap (A "life of Brooke" shocker!!)

an epic week

pre-wedding festivities continue!