Indian Beach!

My sweet grandmother, who lost her husband (my Gramps) back in January, has spent the last six months visiting all of her children. I promised her that I would come to her (in Greenville) in June, once she was home, for a whole weekend. [I can't remember the last time that we had a weekend together!]  Well, she decided that since I was coming to visit, that she would like to go to the beach! So she apparently spent five hours on the phone in order to find us a place on her favorite island - Atlantic Beach/Emerald Isle/Indian Beach. She actually spent an entire week there, and I joined her for the end of the visit.

It was a PERFECT weekend of endless conversation and catching up, amazing seafood dinners, and listening to "40's on 4" with her in my car! I think that might have been my favorite part! She would hear a song and say, "Oh, if I had a quarter for every time I danced to this one!"  So sweet. I also felt a little guilty that perhaps the music of her dating years might make her sad about Gramps. (I'm fairly certain that it did).  She also insisted on taking me shopping, bringing me to tears. She is a such a sweet soul.

My uncle and his children joined us for two nights, and even my baby brother drove up from Wilmington for a night! So fun!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter and Spring 2017 Recap (A "life of Brooke" shocker!!)

an epic week

pre-wedding festivities continue!