"does she mind if....."
Another friend's 30th birthday!
We did Abby's birthday in three parts. I took her out for a glass of wine at midnight when her birthday hit (remember my 30th, and my friend Jenn who came to see me at midnight? I had to do something similar for Ab), our Bible study group went out to dinner on the day of her birthday, and then her sisters planned a surprise dinner the following weekend.
Remember that I've mentioned before that Abby and I cannot be out on the town without something crazy happening? Yep.
My college friend Christin, bless her, is becoming quite a woman of gumption! I. Love. It. Right after we all sat at dinner complaining that there are NO men in Winston-Salem, a huge group of incredibly attractive men walked past us. Truly handsome men. Not boys. Men. Rugged, handsome, great smiles. Since we could see that they were standing in the restaurant lobby talking, Christin took it upon herself to go up to the one that Abby found to be the most attractive, and brought him back to the table. With an adorable dimpled smile and manly voice, he talked to Abby for probably all of two minutes. Of course, I discreetly pulled out my iPod Touch to sneak this picture.
Oh, and that's not the best part. Apparently the dialog between Christin and "Jake" had gone as follows in the restaurant lobby.
Christin: "Hey, how are you doing? It's my friend's 30th birthday. Would you mind coming to say Happy Birthday to her?"
Jake: "Oh, sure. But.....does she mind if I'm gay?"
Isn't it ironic. Don't you think? Figures! (And yes, I totally stereotyped them as being men that dated women. I admit it. Guess that just goes to show.....stereotyping never works!).
We did Abby's birthday in three parts. I took her out for a glass of wine at midnight when her birthday hit (remember my 30th, and my friend Jenn who came to see me at midnight? I had to do something similar for Ab), our Bible study group went out to dinner on the day of her birthday, and then her sisters planned a surprise dinner the following weekend.
Remember that I've mentioned before that Abby and I cannot be out on the town without something crazy happening? Yep.
My college friend Christin, bless her, is becoming quite a woman of gumption! I. Love. It. Right after we all sat at dinner complaining that there are NO men in Winston-Salem, a huge group of incredibly attractive men walked past us. Truly handsome men. Not boys. Men. Rugged, handsome, great smiles. Since we could see that they were standing in the restaurant lobby talking, Christin took it upon herself to go up to the one that Abby found to be the most attractive, and brought him back to the table. With an adorable dimpled smile and manly voice, he talked to Abby for probably all of two minutes. Of course, I discreetly pulled out my iPod Touch to sneak this picture.
Oh, and that's not the best part. Apparently the dialog between Christin and "Jake" had gone as follows in the restaurant lobby.
Christin: "Hey, how are you doing? It's my friend's 30th birthday. Would you mind coming to say Happy Birthday to her?"
Jake: "Oh, sure. But.....does she mind if I'm gay?"
Isn't it ironic. Don't you think? Figures! (And yes, I totally stereotyped them as being men that dated women. I admit it. Guess that just goes to show.....stereotyping never works!).

Comments
Post a Comment