favorite christmas traditions
Where did December go? I really couldn't tell you!
I'm sure that I am not the only one who feels this way, but every year goes faster, and every holiday season goes faster than the one before.
Like many of you, I have several traditions that complete my December! Christmas would not be the same without them.
First, I always go to the Old Salem Candle Tea for Christmas carols, Moravian sugarcake, and coffee! Two good friends came with me this year.
My mom and I have a tradition that we always go together to either "The Messiah" or "The Nutcracker" in Uptown Charlotte. This year, we went to the Nutcracker. FINALLY the Charlotte version matches the original story that Clara visits that land of the SWEETS (NOT the land of the toys). Laugh if you will that this matters to us, but its the little things in life that make it sweet! Somehow I failed to document that precious night with my mom.
My mom has a huge Christmas recital with her students that I help her with each year. I am so incredibly proud of how she has grown her piano studio to over 50 students! Her recital was truly beautiful.
As my previous blogs mentioned, my December was also very hard. Finishing two grad courses, end of semester work events, and the ice cold temperatures made a really stressed out Brooke. My job is three jobs in one essentially, and even though I love WHAT I do, it's rough. So when I finally finished everything on December 14, at 7:00 am after an all-nighter, I could not have been more relieved. Then I hopped on a bus to take 40 students on a trip to Bethlehem and New York City. See next post! =)
I'm sure that I am not the only one who feels this way, but every year goes faster, and every holiday season goes faster than the one before.
Like many of you, I have several traditions that complete my December! Christmas would not be the same without them.
First, I always go to the Old Salem Candle Tea for Christmas carols, Moravian sugarcake, and coffee! Two good friends came with me this year.
My mom and I have a tradition that we always go together to either "The Messiah" or "The Nutcracker" in Uptown Charlotte. This year, we went to the Nutcracker. FINALLY the Charlotte version matches the original story that Clara visits that land of the SWEETS (NOT the land of the toys). Laugh if you will that this matters to us, but its the little things in life that make it sweet! Somehow I failed to document that precious night with my mom.
My mom has a huge Christmas recital with her students that I help her with each year. I am so incredibly proud of how she has grown her piano studio to over 50 students! Her recital was truly beautiful.
As my previous blogs mentioned, my December was also very hard. Finishing two grad courses, end of semester work events, and the ice cold temperatures made a really stressed out Brooke. My job is three jobs in one essentially, and even though I love WHAT I do, it's rough. So when I finally finished everything on December 14, at 7:00 am after an all-nighter, I could not have been more relieved. Then I hopped on a bus to take 40 students on a trip to Bethlehem and New York City. See next post! =)


Comments
Post a Comment