Turning 30 Part One!
What a week!
I spent so much time this month being busy with work and mourning the upcoming birthday that I really was just kind of a mope. To be exact, I was a wreck Tuesday night thinking that I had only hours left in my 20's, FOREVER. Not going to lie, I actually did break down sobbing. When the clock started to get closer to midnight, I got sadder and sadder. But then right at midnight, I had a knock on my apartment door........

My college buddy Jenn (whose little sister just happens to live in the residence hall that I oversee) had organized a door decorating for me, with a midnight birthday song! I was SO shocked and LOST IT! Sobbed again like a baby! It was EXACTLY what I needed at the moment that I turned 30! I am so grateful that Jenn would do that for me! I am so lucky to have such a great friend and sweet residents in my building! I felt so loved and it was a turning point in turning my frown upside down.



My awesome birthday continued with a surprise celebration with the Student Affairs staff at Salem, gorgeous flowers delivered from my mom, phone calls, facebook lovin', and a surprise dinner visit from my mom! In the midst of all of that, I tried to forget that I had to go to my grad class that night! It was a wonderful birthday. I did not stop smiling the entire day! And now I get to look forward to my par-tay tonight thrown by my friend Katherine!! Whoo hooo!!! I'm so excited!
I spent so much time this month being busy with work and mourning the upcoming birthday that I really was just kind of a mope. To be exact, I was a wreck Tuesday night thinking that I had only hours left in my 20's, FOREVER. Not going to lie, I actually did break down sobbing. When the clock started to get closer to midnight, I got sadder and sadder. But then right at midnight, I had a knock on my apartment door........

My college buddy Jenn (whose little sister just happens to live in the residence hall that I oversee) had organized a door decorating for me, with a midnight birthday song! I was SO shocked and LOST IT! Sobbed again like a baby! It was EXACTLY what I needed at the moment that I turned 30! I am so grateful that Jenn would do that for me! I am so lucky to have such a great friend and sweet residents in my building! I felt so loved and it was a turning point in turning my frown upside down.



My awesome birthday continued with a surprise celebration with the Student Affairs staff at Salem, gorgeous flowers delivered from my mom, phone calls, facebook lovin', and a surprise dinner visit from my mom! In the midst of all of that, I tried to forget that I had to go to my grad class that night! It was a wonderful birthday. I did not stop smiling the entire day! And now I get to look forward to my par-tay tonight thrown by my friend Katherine!! Whoo hooo!!! I'm so excited!
Aw, I LOVE the pictures and miss you soooooooo much! I wanted to come tonight but am sans a babysitter for Riley. We MUST get together soon though - I have been in major need of a Brooke talkfest!
ReplyDeleteHappy 30th birthday!