*Spork*

SPORK (definition):  or a foon is a hybrid form of cutlery taking the form of a spoon-like shallow scoop with three or four fork tines.[1]

SPORK WEEK 2010 (definition):  One week at a certain women's college during which 62 people pay to receive a spork with a competitor's name written on it. The mission? Tag that by person by saying, "Jane Doe, I spork you," thereby getting them out of the game and then receiving a new spork with a new name on it.  Road blocks? Competitors can pay slightly more to have what we call a "shield", which gives a 10 or 20 second delay.


Spork Week is insane.  And I LOVE it. Last year I didn't get anyone out at all and then was sporked on day three.  If you know me at all,  you know that I am very competitive.  I was completely stealth this year and decided that my goal was to be the first staff member EVER to win Spork Week.  Sooooooo, I was creative.  And I got five people out! I was pretty intense. I literally hid behind a dorm lobby sofa waiting for 45 minutes waiting for one girl and chased after her as she left her building.  I stalked another student before class.  I formed alliances with students and staff alike, and had quite a few students on "team brooke" by the end of the week.  By Friday at lunchtime, it was declared that myself and one other student were in it for a showdown because we had sporked the most people.  All odds were off, and it was instant death.  Well, sadly, four hours into the showdown I lost my battle with the spork, and came in 2nd place, in front of 60 students that were there to see our battle.  But I'll take 2nd place this year, because next year - I WILL be the first staff member EVER to win Spork Week! =)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter and Spring 2017 Recap (A "life of Brooke" shocker!!)

an epic week

pre-wedding festivities continue!