Wicked!
I FINALLY WENT TO OZ!!!
For five years I have been addicted to the soundtrack of "Wicked." I have been convinced that if I had the skills, I could totally play the role of understudy for Elphaba or Glinda because I have the entire song list memorized. (Oh, but I DON'T have those genetics. Those went to my brother, Christopher, who ISN'T choosing to do musical theater at all. Sigh).
I have tried in the past to see Wicked, to no avail. I was in New York during a 2007 two week stagehand strike, and the Broadway lights were off. What??? So annoying! Then it came to Charlotte in 2008 and it sold out in 20 minutes! Again, I missed it. So it finally came back to NC this year, and my mom and I made sure to get our tickets back in February. We saw it in Charlotte the day after I returned from Italy, and it was INCREDIBLE. It is the "ivy leagues" of broadway shows, and even the touring cast was good enough to be in New York. (And believe me, I have seen lots of other shows in New York). It took me a week to decompress from the sheer joy of seeing it! (I know, I'm silly....but I have adored musical theater ever since I was 5 years old and saw "Annie" on stage). You've got to see it, if you haven't already!!
For five years I have been addicted to the soundtrack of "Wicked." I have been convinced that if I had the skills, I could totally play the role of understudy for Elphaba or Glinda because I have the entire song list memorized. (Oh, but I DON'T have those genetics. Those went to my brother, Christopher, who ISN'T choosing to do musical theater at all. Sigh).
I have tried in the past to see Wicked, to no avail. I was in New York during a 2007 two week stagehand strike, and the Broadway lights were off. What??? So annoying! Then it came to Charlotte in 2008 and it sold out in 20 minutes! Again, I missed it. So it finally came back to NC this year, and my mom and I made sure to get our tickets back in February. We saw it in Charlotte the day after I returned from Italy, and it was INCREDIBLE. It is the "ivy leagues" of broadway shows, and even the touring cast was good enough to be in New York. (And believe me, I have seen lots of other shows in New York). It took me a week to decompress from the sheer joy of seeing it! (I know, I'm silly....but I have adored musical theater ever since I was 5 years old and saw "Annie" on stage). You've got to see it, if you haven't already!!
Comments
Post a Comment