Firenze

From Rome we took the train to Florence. In the way that Rome awed me, I think that Florence stole my heart away.  People say "make sure to get lost in Florence," and now I know why.  It is magical.  A little more gothic than Rome, but in an endearing way. Birthplace of the Renaissance, home to amazing museums, and full of more statues (that made this modest girl blush) than you can count.  At every turn there was a painting or sculpture by Michelangelo.  We didn't have quite the cramped schedule that we did in Rome, so we just enjoyed sitting in various piazzas to enjoy Italian vino and people watch.  We were also there during the national gelato festival - what??? Again, God's little gifts are immense.  Let's see, fun stories of Florence.....on our last morning, trying to see David, we were yelled at horribly by the security guards for trying to take pictures in the museum.  Quite embarrassing, but Heather got one of David, anyway. =) Also, a restaurant staff laughed hysterically behind me when I made a huge mess of oil/vinegar at dinner. And that would be the one night when the most adorable Italian men were waiting on us.  Sigh.  If you go to Italy, you cannot miss Florence. I could have gotten lost there for a week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter and Spring 2017 Recap (A "life of Brooke" shocker!!)

pre-wedding festivities continue!

Capri and Getting Home (final italy blog)