why is there a rug on the knob?
After my friend Abby and I had a horrible experience visiting a new church today, we were both CRAVING to be outdoors in nature and to try to forget what we had just heard. Sometimes the best spiritual connector to God is just to be outdoors! (Wait for my blog, by the way, on "things heard in churches in the south").
I call Pilot Mountain "the knob" because it is soooo randomly shaped! (one old pic from 2009)
It has the most amazing 360 views of the Yadkin valley between Winston-Salem and Mount Airy/Virginia border. And is sooo much fun to hike on such a gorgeous day.
Abby and I literally cannot go anywhere or do anything without something random happening (I can't wait until she starts her own blog....get ON it, Ab!). Well, today, we about fell off the mountain laughing when I looked down and there was a RUG on the trail on the knob. WHAT??? What purpose does this serve. Who knows, except to make us laugh. If you know of the reason for a rug to be purposefully placed along a hiking trail, please let me know.
I call Pilot Mountain "the knob" because it is soooo randomly shaped! (one old pic from 2009)
It has the most amazing 360 views of the Yadkin valley between Winston-Salem and Mount Airy/Virginia border. And is sooo much fun to hike on such a gorgeous day.
Abby and I literally cannot go anywhere or do anything without something random happening (I can't wait until she starts her own blog....get ON it, Ab!). Well, today, we about fell off the mountain laughing when I looked down and there was a RUG on the trail on the knob. WHAT??? What purpose does this serve. Who knows, except to make us laugh. If you know of the reason for a rug to be purposefully placed along a hiking trail, please let me know.






Comments
Post a Comment