At the top of the list of my favorite moments of 2013.... finishing the Maters, naturally. I was beyond ready to be done with everything that grad school entails....group projects, papers, group papers, sitting in class, class busy work, guest lecturers, paying for parking, thirty minute commute, the shuffle of dragging my dinosaur computer to class, etc. Some semesters were harder than others (academically, personally), but by the grace of God, I finished and finished well!
At the end of April, on my last day of class, I drove to UNCG's campus two hours early so that I could do a "memory walk" of the campus. I wanted to revisit the parts of campus where I had class (especially the early years when my classes were in a different part of campus) and to emotionally say goodbye. It was a wonderful time of solitude, surprising nostalgic tears, and much gratefulness to my Heavenly Father who sustained me through the entire process. Some buildings and memories are pleasant, others are painful, but overall I remain grateful.
 |
| My view from the parking deck, twice a week. I would actually park on the highest level because the view of campus made me happy. I've always been a sucker for the atmosphere of a college campus. =) |
 |
| Brand new School of Education building. I absolutely loved moving other there from old Curry. |
 |
| Student Union and Library. I spent more hours writing papers in the quiet rooms of that library than I care to count. |
 |
| Curry. Knowing that my precious Grandma attended class in this same building? PRICELESS. |
 |
| In the "Curry era" of grad school, I would walk to the front steps during our break, and sit and think about my grandmother walking the same steps decades before me. On stressful days (managing full-time work and class), thinking of her would feel like a tremendous hug. =) I am tearing up just thinking about it. |
Comments
Post a Comment