M.Ed Weekend!

I will never, ever, forget my graduation weekend.

Clearly, anyone finishing any degree is ecstatic to be done!  Clearly, I was no exception. =) There is a thrill in putting on all of that hard-earned academic regalia, seeing your name printed in the program, walking in with friends from the cohort, and waving to adoring family members in the audience during the processional. I will treasure those moments forever! 

Ceremony #1!  My family deserves a medal for sitting through two that day!
One perk to my four-year grad plan was that my step-sister Brittney and I graduated on the same day, in the same ceremony!
My final co-hort! I truly adore these people, and I am so very glad that I walked across the stage with them.

More than the pomp and circumstance involved, I am so grateful for the numerous family members who came to celebrate with me!  Some even sat through two ceremonies!! Such unbelievable love. I am a lucky, lucky girl!

When I was 17, my previous Weesie (on the left) walked across the stage at NC State to get her Doctorate of Education. She inspires me constantly. I don't have words to describe my joy in having her with me as I got my Master of Education!!
As if having all of these people with me for the ceremony wasn't enough, my parents both spoiled me with gifts and parties! My dad took the Barber clan out to lunch in between ceremonies, and we had a great time! My mom's family was able to stay for the rest of Mother's Day weekend, and my mom treated me to the nicest, most beautiful party imaginable on our beloved Salem campus!  Most of my Winston friends were able to attend, and each person toasted me with words that still make me emotional today. Again,  such undeserved love!! Six months later, I am still smiling!!

Blue and Yellow candy bar for UNCG! My mom is so creative!
Winston besties!! They made the Winston-Salem years absolutely wonderful. I just love them so much.
sibling love. adore this guy.

Sooooo grateful for Abby, our eight year friendship, and the fact that for three years we got to live and work one minute in Winston-Salem! She kept me laughing constantly!
My co-worker, friend, and soul sister extraordinaire. Beyond grateful for this lady, Esther.







My precious friend, Margaret, who I watched every morning before "work" for two years. I adore her with all my heart.

The wonderful night ended by going out with this crew. I am seriously a lucky girl!!
And since it was Mother's Day weekend, the Downing side of the family celebrated with brunch at our favorite Old Salem Tavern!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter and Spring 2017 Recap (A "life of Brooke" shocker!!)

pre-wedding festivities continue!

Capri and Getting Home (final italy blog)