"The Nothing"
I have to preface this post with a confession. I watched "The NeverEnding Story" literally about 100 times as a child. I don't know why it didn't scare me out of my skin, but for whatever reason, it became like a ritual with my cousins and siblings that we would watch it together at the beach. To be exact, we would watch it with popcorn and orange juice (say WHAT??? I don't even know).
One more confession. I've re-watched it as an adult like five times. It's kind of become a yearly ritual for my friend Abby and I. (Gotta love friends that are as equally "cool nerdy" as me, ha!).
So you might not understand what the "The Nothing" is (bless your heart), because you probably weren't an 80's nerd like me. So let me just say that The Nothing is what happens when people give up their dreams. In the movie, it literally meant a storm was coming that was destroying everything. (Sad, right?).
So when storms come to Winston-Salem, Abby and I text each other pictures of the clouds that look scary and warn each other of "The Nothing." Ha! And ironically, The Nothing usually hits Winston-Salem when we are hanging out anyway. It is a now a running joke that it must mean that our "Atreyus" (the hottie from the movie) are on their way. Ha.
So the latest "Nothing" to hit Winston-Salem was OUT OF CONTROL. Like straight out of the movie. Scary as all get out.
Okay, enough rambling. =) If you read all the way through this, bless your soul, and thanks! I hope you now feel educated on a little piece of 80's pop trivia.
One more confession. I've re-watched it as an adult like five times. It's kind of become a yearly ritual for my friend Abby and I. (Gotta love friends that are as equally "cool nerdy" as me, ha!).
So you might not understand what the "The Nothing" is (bless your heart), because you probably weren't an 80's nerd like me. So let me just say that The Nothing is what happens when people give up their dreams. In the movie, it literally meant a storm was coming that was destroying everything. (Sad, right?).
So when storms come to Winston-Salem, Abby and I text each other pictures of the clouds that look scary and warn each other of "The Nothing." Ha! And ironically, The Nothing usually hits Winston-Salem when we are hanging out anyway. It is a now a running joke that it must mean that our "Atreyus" (the hottie from the movie) are on their way. Ha.
So the latest "Nothing" to hit Winston-Salem was OUT OF CONTROL. Like straight out of the movie. Scary as all get out.
Okay, enough rambling. =) If you read all the way through this, bless your soul, and thanks! I hope you now feel educated on a little piece of 80's pop trivia.
Comments
Post a Comment