Exploring Forsyth County Part Two: Bethania!
My next stop on my Forsyth County bucket list was to explore the area of Bethania!
Bethania was a sister community to Bethabara (my last area of exploration). Both areas were established about twenty years prior to the village of Salem. The area was created with the medieval arrangement of family homes being constructed around a central village. It is the only remaining (active) Moravian area from the original Wachovia tract of land in Forsyth County. The architecture reflects that normal European style so typical of the 18th century Moravians (which I adore!). I had the best evening walking around by myself and exploring this area for the first time!
Bethania was a sister community to Bethabara (my last area of exploration). Both areas were established about twenty years prior to the village of Salem. The area was created with the medieval arrangement of family homes being constructed around a central village. It is the only remaining (active) Moravian area from the original Wachovia tract of land in Forsyth County. The architecture reflects that normal European style so typical of the 18th century Moravians (which I adore!). I had the best evening walking around by myself and exploring this area for the first time!
![]() |
| Bethania Moravian Church, still a thriving place of Christian worship. |






Comments
Post a Comment