Exploring Forsyth County Part Three: Lewisville

Third stop on the exploration of Forsyth County was Lewisville! Lewisville intrigued me in advance based on the description on their town web site. Like most of Forsyth County, it was intially inhabited by Moravian settlers who forged their way to the banks of the Yadkin River.  (Naturally, the founding settlers struggled against native americans. What a sad history we weave, huh? Breaks my heart, for both sides).  It is in no way a historic Moravian village today. It was mostly known for its Rollar Mill, which operated until 1984. The part that surprised me the most was that the town was not even incorporated until 1991! It finally incorporated so as not be annexed by Winston-Salem. Secondly,  I was surprised to learn that it is the fastest growing area in Forsyth County.  Thirdly, I learned that despite its rural location, it is an extraordinarily wealthy community, with double the household income of its neighboring communities. It is overflowing with gorgeous, new neighborhoods.  Finally, I was intrigued that it has focused on remaining a bike and pedestrian friendly area, and has maintained a quaint and beautiful town square, utilized for community events and open to the community for personal use. I adored driving (literally) through farm after farm to get out to this area from Bethania, and I enjoyed seeing glimpses of its history and its modernity. Okay, that is all, for now. History time with Brooke is over for today! =)

Corn, anyone?
Helloooo random historic cabin, now turned gift shop, complete with out house!!


Cute Lewisville Town Square!

*May* have creeped into a neighborhood to see this lake!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter and Spring 2017 Recap (A "life of Brooke" shocker!!)

pre-wedding festivities continue!

Capri and Getting Home (final italy blog)