an epic week
What an epic week! I'll start with tonight.
So my friend Abby moved to Winston. Totally exciting, long awaited, great-opportunity-for-her, overall momentous occasion. I told her we'd celebrate. Picked my favorite restaurant downtown. Her sister drove in from Raleigh. I invited my best work friend to come. We enjoyed a great dinner downtown tonight. Felt all "small city metropolitan." (or at least I did). We walked as a group of four out to the parking lot, myself in front. I heard a scream. I turned around, expecting to see her talking to someone she knew. Instead I saw a man running away from us, and Abby saying that he tried to take her purse. I screamed at him. He just ran away. I saw a cop down the street who pulled someone over. I ran to him to ask for help. He helped us. "Robber" proceeds to come OUT of the parking deck near us AGAIN! Cop arrested him, five cop cars pulled up....and many questions later we learn that we will all have to appear in court because "strong arm attempted robbery" is a felony. OMG. Friends, I have lived in Manhattan, California, DC and Charlotte. I have never been mugged in my life. Lo and behold it almost happened in Winston-Salem. GO FIGURE. And on Abby's 2nd night in town. WELCOME TO WINSTON, AB. I am seriously heartbroken! And Abby is seriously now determined to stay on the campus of UNCSA. Ok, not really. But maybe. And I feel like I was just on an episode of "Cops."
Okay, also this week I got INVISALIGN! Now, I have had braces. But four wisdom teeth, a lost retainer, 10 years, and Flex benefit funds later.......and I now have Invisalign. What they DON'T tell you with Invisalign is that "if" your teeth require it, they put these lovely things called "buttons" on your teeth. Buttons look like white out blobs on your teeth. I wanted to cry when they decided to tell me THAT part this past Tuesday. And I have NINE of them. (If that tells you anything about my teeth). I have CEMENT on my teeth. Granted, white cement. But, its cement. Sigh. They also don't tell you HOW STINKIN' HARD it is to get the trays out when it's time to eat. After two days of torture, I googled and there is apparently a tool called the "Outie" that I could order. Umm, Orthodontist man, why didn't you tell me about this?? Well, I'm not about to wait for the shipping of the "outie." So I went to Rite Aid, bought a tooth cleaning kit with a "scraper"..... and my tears over removing the trays are over. Shew!! And in 9(?) months, my teeth should be straightened and whitened. Whoo hoo!!!!
Also....I'M GOING TO ITALY!!!! My high school friend, Heather, and I have ALWAYS wanted to travel Europe together! And it finally worked out that we bought our tickets this week! I won't be able to buy clothes or eat out again for like six months.....but I'M GOING TO ITALY in May! So so excited!
So my friend Abby moved to Winston. Totally exciting, long awaited, great-opportunity-for-her, overall momentous occasion. I told her we'd celebrate. Picked my favorite restaurant downtown. Her sister drove in from Raleigh. I invited my best work friend to come. We enjoyed a great dinner downtown tonight. Felt all "small city metropolitan." (or at least I did). We walked as a group of four out to the parking lot, myself in front. I heard a scream. I turned around, expecting to see her talking to someone she knew. Instead I saw a man running away from us, and Abby saying that he tried to take her purse. I screamed at him. He just ran away. I saw a cop down the street who pulled someone over. I ran to him to ask for help. He helped us. "Robber" proceeds to come OUT of the parking deck near us AGAIN! Cop arrested him, five cop cars pulled up....and many questions later we learn that we will all have to appear in court because "strong arm attempted robbery" is a felony. OMG. Friends, I have lived in Manhattan, California, DC and Charlotte. I have never been mugged in my life. Lo and behold it almost happened in Winston-Salem. GO FIGURE. And on Abby's 2nd night in town. WELCOME TO WINSTON, AB. I am seriously heartbroken! And Abby is seriously now determined to stay on the campus of UNCSA. Ok, not really. But maybe. And I feel like I was just on an episode of "Cops."
Okay, also this week I got INVISALIGN! Now, I have had braces. But four wisdom teeth, a lost retainer, 10 years, and Flex benefit funds later.......and I now have Invisalign. What they DON'T tell you with Invisalign is that "if" your teeth require it, they put these lovely things called "buttons" on your teeth. Buttons look like white out blobs on your teeth. I wanted to cry when they decided to tell me THAT part this past Tuesday. And I have NINE of them. (If that tells you anything about my teeth). I have CEMENT on my teeth. Granted, white cement. But, its cement. Sigh. They also don't tell you HOW STINKIN' HARD it is to get the trays out when it's time to eat. After two days of torture, I googled and there is apparently a tool called the "Outie" that I could order. Umm, Orthodontist man, why didn't you tell me about this?? Well, I'm not about to wait for the shipping of the "outie." So I went to Rite Aid, bought a tooth cleaning kit with a "scraper"..... and my tears over removing the trays are over. Shew!! And in 9(?) months, my teeth should be straightened and whitened. Whoo hoo!!!!
Also....I'M GOING TO ITALY!!!! My high school friend, Heather, and I have ALWAYS wanted to travel Europe together! And it finally worked out that we bought our tickets this week! I won't be able to buy clothes or eat out again for like six months.....but I'M GOING TO ITALY in May! So so excited!
Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry that happened to you. How scary!!!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your trip to Italy! That sounds like so much fun!!!
Thanks, Jenny! It was certainly a crazy night! And thanks for the Europe congrats! =)) It's my first time, so I'm sooo excited. Hope you guys are well..LOVE the pictures!
ReplyDeleteHEY!! OMG, I had no clue you and Abby were mugged!! I texted her the other day and she said WS is good, work is good, but no mention of the attempt on her purse!! SO SO glad yall are ok!! Can't believe you have to go to court! And, SOOO excited yall are going to Italy!! You will LOVE it!! P and I went in May too and it is perfect weather! We have a Rick Steves book if you want to borrow it for planning purposes!! Where all are yall going? God is good, huh?!?!
ReplyDelete