summer
It's finally SUMMER! (For me, at least). Granted, I work in the summer. But even a working summer is fantastic in my book. In the summer, I leave work immediately at 5:00 pm. Whatever didn't get done on one day...well, it can usually wait until the next day. I have every single weekend completely and totally free. So I catch up with friends and family that I haven't seen in ages. AHHH!! I spend summer weekday evenings visiting with friends, and staying outside until the sun is gone. I spend lunches sitting quietly at my computer, looking at social media, or blogging. I get back on a normal sleep schedule, and come into the office at the normal time of 8:30 am. I get about 10 emails a day instead of 100. I get MAJOR cleaning, planning, and organizing done for the next academic year. I get to focus on my favorite area of my work...orientation. It is the most glorious feeling, this summer schedule of mine!!
What I haven't done well in the past two summers here in Winston-Salem is the eating well and exercise thing. So that is my goal for this summer. I want to never skip breakfast. I want to always eat lunch IN instead of "running out for lunch." I want to exercise every single week day. (For goodness sake, I have a free gym right here beside my office). I want to lose 10 pounds this summer, instead of gaining 10 like I have each of the past two summers. I want to then lose 10 more in the fall! Yesterday was the first day of my "test." So far, so good! I bought groceries for the first time in 8 months (I kid you not), and planned out my food and exercise for this week. I met up with a friend to exercise after work. It was great!
Almost all of my readers have children, so I hope that you all are enjoying the start to summer with your kiddos!
What I haven't done well in the past two summers here in Winston-Salem is the eating well and exercise thing. So that is my goal for this summer. I want to never skip breakfast. I want to always eat lunch IN instead of "running out for lunch." I want to exercise every single week day. (For goodness sake, I have a free gym right here beside my office). I want to lose 10 pounds this summer, instead of gaining 10 like I have each of the past two summers. I want to then lose 10 more in the fall! Yesterday was the first day of my "test." So far, so good! I bought groceries for the first time in 8 months (I kid you not), and planned out my food and exercise for this week. I met up with a friend to exercise after work. It was great!
Almost all of my readers have children, so I hope that you all are enjoying the start to summer with your kiddos!
Comments
Post a Comment