plus one

So, I have the HUGE honor of being a bridesmaid twice in November!  The first is for a college best friend, Katherine.  The second is for my high school best friend, Heather.  These women mean the world to me, and I am the luckiest girl to have them in my life.  I am so excited for the parties and celebrations coming up for each of them.  It is going to be a FULL and amazing 5 months!

But here is the deal.  I realized in the last week that going to these weddings in my usual style - alone - is not going to fly this time.  This is not because the brides have told me to bring a date, or because the weddings will not be fun.....but for the sole reason that I will LITERALLY BE THE ONLY BRIDESMAID AT THESE WEDDINGS WITHOUT A PLUS ONE.  I kid not.  Seriously.  Do any of you know that feeling?  I actually hope that you don't know.  But let me tell ya. It stinks. Stinks as bad as a skunk on the side of a country road. I know that I will be busy during these weddings, but there will be plenty of moments when being "alone" will just be terrible.  So I got brave last night. 

When it comes to Facebook, I am pretty reserved with my status updates.  But last night, I threw in the towel.  I wrote on Facebook that I "need a plus one to two weddings in November. Help?"  I figured that I have SEVEN HUNDRED facebook friends, so why not put it out there, you know? Maybe a random guy would offer to go with me. (Queen of wishful thinking). Or that my married/dating friends out there would think to themselves, "Brooke is single....who can we set her up with." (Idealist?) Wellllll.  Forget you, Facebook world.  Out of seven hundred friends....two responded.  TWO! Sigh.

So once again, Brooke will be the bridesmaid sitting alone at a table of couples. Getting up discreetly during couples dances to get a drink refill.  No big deal.  Same old, same old.  I shouldn't complain. It's not my day.  But it would just sure be nice FOR ONCE to not be in that same ridiculous situation. 

If you are a benevolent reader, and know of single men who wouldn't mind being arm candy for an auburn-haired lonely girl for ONE NIGHT (maybe two), with NO EXPECTATIONS....let me know!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter and Spring 2017 Recap (A "life of Brooke" shocker!!)

an epic week

pre-wedding festivities continue!