social media ticks me off.......
BIG TIME. And here is why. Sure, people have opinions. Sure, people have a "right" to express them. And I guess the world events of the last month have spurred people's emotions big time. (I mean, hey, its pretty rare that there would be massive tornadoes, a royal wedding, and a victory against terrorism all in the course of one week). I am NOT going to get into how I disagree with the opinions of other people. (Even though I want to SO badly). But I do have a little "Brooke manifesto" that I HAVE to get off my chest.
- Don't judge someone's entire philosophy, maturity, or beliefs based on a SENTENCE on twitter or facebook!!! Seriously. Oh my goodness, people.
- Obviously, if you put a sentence out there, you are subjecting yourself to said judgment. Duly noted.
- If you are an adult (by this I mean over 21).....you are TOO OLD to use social media as a passive aggressive means of getting your self-righteous point across to someone. Seriously. Get over yourself.
- Don't send passive messages to my students, or I WILL pull a Bon Qui Qui on you.
Comments
Post a Comment