childhood home tour!
So for at least 5 years, I have wanted to hop in the car with my mom to travel around to her childhood homes (which are all about 30 minutes from each other). I had not ever seen them, and my mom hadn't seen them in about 50 years. We finally made this sentimental journey during Easter weekend. It was the most amazing experience to see where my mom was born and raised (until she was 11 and moved to Greenville - that portion of her life I knew quite well)......To see the homes, churches and schools where she raised. To hear stories from those years. There were several points when she choked up with the joy of memories. I have to admit that it made me teary as well. I truly wish that time travel were possible!!! I would travel back and see my beautiful mom as a little girl, and just watch for hours. I would love to see my grandparents when they were in their 30s and 40s. Since I can't, I will treasure the opportunity to at least see the buildings and to hear the stories.
| the church was she was dedicated!! |
| her first childhood home. |
| the church where my grandmother was music director. In the 50's. Truly a big deal!! |
| second childhood home! |
| her elementary school =) |
| pointing out her 3rd grade classroom |
| the church was she was baptized. this is when she almost started crying! I did, too. |
| trying to look inside. |
| 4th grade school. where she had her first boyfriend! =) |
| her favorite childhood home =) |
Comments
Post a Comment