all the salem ladies

There's something expected when a group of alumnae get together (particularly when they are all female). You reminisce with a hint of bittersweet nostalgia about being goofy in college.  Those that are single complain about "where to meet men, for crying out loud."  Married women politely rack their brains for any single men of respect that they might know.  The single women show appreciation for the gesture, thinking, "at least they are looking out for me."  The mothers in the group discuss parenting pitfalls and successes.  Inevitably, people have the thought, "why didn't I hang out with so-and-so in college?"  And, inevitably, the bond of sharing an alma mater trumps everything else. 

At the latest young alumnae gathering, I realized something else. Of the "young," I was the "old." Whoah.  When did this happen? I don't know. I still feel 24.  I could tell that the most recent grads looked at us "older" ones, and I half wondered if they were thinking a). wow, they're old. b). will I still be single like them at 30???  Ha!

Alumnae socials are a wonderful way to let loose with people of a common thread.  And I truly do loooove it.

So glad that these '10 ladies are now alumnae! =) 

2002!
I can only hope to have a baby this easy going one day! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter and Spring 2017 Recap (A "life of Brooke" shocker!!)

pre-wedding festivities continue!

Capri and Getting Home (final italy blog)