reconnect
How easy it is to despair.......to forget.......to lose sight of things.
I'll admit. My heart hurts.
I want to love and be loved.
Everyone around me (with few exceptions), has it.
And I have been waiting for a long time.
There are no possibilities. And frankly no time if there were.
So today I woke up low. Really low.
I found myself being bitter.
Instead of "He's got a plan" it was "God doesn't care."
Wow.
God gently touched me today.
It began with head knowledge.
"The joy of the Lord is my strength."
That phrase kept going through my head, not my heart.
I was not feeling it.
But it reminded me of some of my favorite songs from childhood.
So I spent about $5 on iTunes and started crying behind closed doors.
And I reconnected just a little with my Savior in a way reminiscent of 14 year old Brooke who knew with her whole heart how much her God loved her.
And I will listen to these songs every day until my heart is right again.
I am a child of the father
and I know what that means for me.
It means I am loved,
and I am spoken for.
It means I am wealthy in heavenly things........
It means I am Yours forever........
It means I'm right where you want me to be.
When I look into your face,
I see a love I can't replace.
I see the one who took my place.
(Cheri Keaggy, 1994, "Child of the Father")
There's a source of help,
in every need.
There's a place to dwell,
down on your knees.
And if I could tell you how to find peace,
you've got to lay it down......
God won't let go of your heart,
He won't let go of your heart.
(Cheri Keaggy, 1996, "Lay it Down")
I'll admit. My heart hurts.
I want to love and be loved.
Everyone around me (with few exceptions), has it.
And I have been waiting for a long time.
There are no possibilities. And frankly no time if there were.
So today I woke up low. Really low.
I found myself being bitter.
Instead of "He's got a plan" it was "God doesn't care."
Wow.
God gently touched me today.
It began with head knowledge.
"The joy of the Lord is my strength."
That phrase kept going through my head, not my heart.
I was not feeling it.
But it reminded me of some of my favorite songs from childhood.
So I spent about $5 on iTunes and started crying behind closed doors.
And I reconnected just a little with my Savior in a way reminiscent of 14 year old Brooke who knew with her whole heart how much her God loved her.
And I will listen to these songs every day until my heart is right again.
I am a child of the father
and I know what that means for me.
It means I am loved,
and I am spoken for.
It means I am wealthy in heavenly things........
It means I am Yours forever........
It means I'm right where you want me to be.
When I look into your face,
I see a love I can't replace.
I see the one who took my place.
(Cheri Keaggy, 1994, "Child of the Father")
There's a source of help,
in every need.
There's a place to dwell,
down on your knees.
And if I could tell you how to find peace,
you've got to lay it down......
God won't let go of your heart,
He won't let go of your heart.
(Cheri Keaggy, 1996, "Lay it Down")
I love your honesty - and you are right He does love you! My heart has been hurting lately too, for different reasons - but reconnecting with God has been my theme as well! I miss you greatly, we need a date real soon.
ReplyDeleteThat is such a great song...and one I remember well! Funny, I had totally forgotten about Cheary Keaggy and she was one of my most favorites!
ReplyDelete