Trekking to North Carolina
Trek (Webster definition):
to go on a long, arduous journey
Trek (Barber alternative definition):
Then again, there is a plus side. Taking a shuttle means that I am not the one driving late at night through the mountains, and I can zone out to Netflix. If I don't want to tune out the world or take a nap, I can window gaze at the amazing Idaho and Utah scenery as we drive down I-15. Crying babies and kicking kids on every single flight is training me for having my own kids one day. Speaking of kids, as I make this trek four or five times a year, I don't have kids to entertain, yet - whew! And, best bonus - every airport has wine. Every one.
All in all, sarcasm aside, trekking home is the best feeling in the world. Nothing beats that moment of flying into Charlotte-Douglas International and seeing my family waiting for me. For that, and for being able to purchase airline tickets as needed, I am so very grateful.
to go on a long, arduous journey
Trek (Barber alternative definition):
- living three hours from a national airport
- utilizing shuttle bus to avoid driving through mountains to aforementioned airport
- often sleeping in airport terminals because of not being able to coordinate flight arrivals with shuttle schedules
Then again, there is a plus side. Taking a shuttle means that I am not the one driving late at night through the mountains, and I can zone out to Netflix. If I don't want to tune out the world or take a nap, I can window gaze at the amazing Idaho and Utah scenery as we drive down I-15. Crying babies and kicking kids on every single flight is training me for having my own kids one day. Speaking of kids, as I make this trek four or five times a year, I don't have kids to entertain, yet - whew! And, best bonus - every airport has wine. Every one.
All in all, sarcasm aside, trekking home is the best feeling in the world. Nothing beats that moment of flying into Charlotte-Douglas International and seeing my family waiting for me. For that, and for being able to purchase airline tickets as needed, I am so very grateful.


Comments
Post a Comment