American Honey
It takes the shape of a place out west
But what it holds for her, she hasn't yet guessed ~Dixie Chics
Get caught in the race
Of this crazy life
Trying to be everything can make you lose your mind
I just wanna go back in time
To American honey, yea
~Lady Antebellum
I am almost two years into this amazing Western adventure. I can honestly say that it has been one of the best experiences of my life. I am living in "American honey" y'all. Life is uncomplicated to these folks here in the west. It's peaceful. Life is not a Jonesing rat-race for clothing, cars, and vacations (I'm calling you out, city of Charlotte, NC). Most people are kind, here. Life is safe. I still lock my doors, of course - but I'd be crazy to fear being attacked out here. While work is busy - and while I get to enjoy eating out several times a week with friends - life is slow paced here. I like it!
And the best part of living out west? Wide, wide wide (seriously wide) open spaces. My Sunday drives blow my mind. How can I not feel at home with God in such country?!
But what it holds for her, she hasn't yet guessed ~Dixie Chics
Get caught in the race
Of this crazy life
Trying to be everything can make you lose your mind
I just wanna go back in time
To American honey, yea
~Lady Antebellum
I am almost two years into this amazing Western adventure. I can honestly say that it has been one of the best experiences of my life. I am living in "American honey" y'all. Life is uncomplicated to these folks here in the west. It's peaceful. Life is not a Jonesing rat-race for clothing, cars, and vacations (I'm calling you out, city of Charlotte, NC). Most people are kind, here. Life is safe. I still lock my doors, of course - but I'd be crazy to fear being attacked out here. While work is busy - and while I get to enjoy eating out several times a week with friends - life is slow paced here. I like it!
And the best part of living out west? Wide, wide wide (seriously wide) open spaces. My Sunday drives blow my mind. How can I not feel at home with God in such country?!
Comments
Post a Comment