Television Addiction and Downton Arby's
Just when I thought that I would have nothing to watch on television (LOST ended, "V" was cancelled after one season, Glee became annoying, The Bacherlor/ette is only twice a year)....I am now shamelessly addicted to THREE. Sigh. They. Are. Awesome. The irony is that all three are on ABC. Why is that irony? Well, it just happens that ABC is the only channel that my digital antenna does NOT get. Yeah, cheapskate here isn't willing to pay for cable while I am paying for graduate school. So, hulu plus has become my best (techy) friend.
If you have not checked out these three shows, you MUST. I am not kidding.
If you have not checked out these three shows, you MUST. I am not kidding.
If you were a child that loved fairy tales, raise your hand. (Raises hand). If you still love fairy tales, raise your hand. (Raises hand). If you are a hopeless romantic because of said fairy tales, raise your hand. (Raises hand). If you are a single woman who is secretly wishing that your life would play out like a fairy tale, and that a man on a horse would seek you out to save you and live with you happily ever after, raise your hand. (Raises hand). Sigh. THIS SHOW ROCKS. And not just because it is by the same guys who created LOST. It rocks because it is an amazing twist on all of the old fairy tales, an intelligent look at two realities, and a simply stellar cast. Sunday nights at 8 pm EST / 7 pm CST. (No, ABC, did not pay me to endorse them).
"Revenge is mine, sayeth the Lord." Well, apparently they didn't get the message from God above. Instead, the lead character seeks constant revenge on those who (greatly) wronged her family. It is a very interesting study on how revenge does not heal a hurting heart and does not accomplish what the seeker is seeking. This show is also incredibly glamorous, full of beautiful scenery (of the male species, too), and stellar acting. LOVE IT.
Y'all. You know how in FRIENDS every other line was so funny that you would literally bust out laughing? THIS IS LIKE THAT. Best writing of ANY show I have seen in years. (Well, since Friends!). Best cast EVER (OMG Kristin Chenoweth). Worst stereotypes ever about Christians? Well, yes. But instead of making fun OF the Christian faith.....the show picks fun at people's hypocritical practice of Christianity. IT IS AWESOME. It is new (only five episodes so far) so you have time to get on board!!!!
And if you also happen to like Downton Abbey, which I have only seen briefly, you MUST watch this spoof. But only watch it if you want to laugh!



Comments
Post a Comment