31

is INSANE.  I shouldn't be surprised anymore that birthdays are just weird.  But where 30 was sad because of losing my twenties, 31 was/is sad because it is sooo official. There is no denying that I am thirtysomething.  There was/is nothing to do but ENJOY.  I'd like to shout out to my friend Tiffany who called me a week in advance to have dinner with me (two hour drive!), my friend Katherine who took me to lunch at Salem Tavern, my friend Jenn who was sick and still had me over for dinner with her children, my friend Mary Beth who made me a Coke cake (ahh!), and all of the sweet social media messages that made me teary with happiness.  Also, to my immediate family who each called me and made my day, and my amazing mother who ALWAYS (despite whatever is happening within her life and business) drives to Winston to celebrate.  It is the group above who helped make it enjoyable!  Thank you! I love you all!

Here are my goals for the year! =) (feel free to stop reading).
  • Exercise.  I've done well!! Aside from a break during Thanksgiving, I have worked out every other day (in November and December so far) for an hour and a half. Five pounds down, more to go! 
  • Focus on myself.  Not selfishly, but protectively. With the mindset that I can't "give" to work and life unless I am balanced personally.
  • SHOP. I do not shop. If you know me, you know this. While this saves money, it is bad for many reasons. I have got to shop (a little) more and have the right clothing essentials. 
  • Continue to enjoy true friendships and continue to make new friends who brighten my world. 
  • Continue to love and enjoy family. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter and Spring 2017 Recap (A "life of Brooke" shocker!!)

an epic week

pre-wedding festivities continue!