major pet peeves
I try to be a positive person. But you know what? I am FULL of pet peeves. I don't mind admitting that. I'll be a negative ninny for a minute or two, and maybe you guys will even agree with some of mine. Its weird how many of mine are food related. Or etiquette related. Let me describe what happens to me when these happen. I cringe inside, my blood pressure builds up, and thankfully my personal "tact" kicks in, and I usually just don't even say anything (unless I'm related, and then I feel like I have the full right to say something, ha). And sadly, the aforementioned blood pressure raising does not go down for about an hour, believe it or not. And I then ask myself for the rest of the day...."why were they not taught to NOT do these things?" Thanks, blogspot, for letting me vent!
- Smacking of food, gum, anything.
- Slurping of soup, drinks, pasta, anything.
- Licking of fingers. (I do this only with Cheetos, and I'm working on it, ha!)
- Burping. Even with an "excuse me."
- Picking of teeth, nose, acne, anything.
- Elbows on the table at meals.
- People inviting themselves to places inappropriately.
- "Experts" and "Interrupters"
- "Secret" Friendships - the kind where someone only wants to hang out 1-on-1, never in a "group", making you feel like you are their "secret friend."
- Control freak behavior (and I admit, I'm working on this myself!)
Comments
Post a Comment