adventures of Brooke and Abby continue
I literally can't go out with my friend Abby without something epic happening. It's actually hilarious to us, now. (Or at least it is funny to me. Abby might be getting a bad impression of Winston-Salem life at this point).
Have you seen "Inception?" Well, its intense. Like, pick-your-brain-up-off-the-floor-when-its-over kind of intense. So, we were two hours into the movie. The hero was divulging tres importante information. The music was INTENSE (thanks, Hans Zimmer, I usually love ya, but not right now), I was so nervous that I kept clicking my blackberry case (sorry, Ab), we were on pins and needles, and...........the power went out! (Okay, only for a second, but still). And we lost the movie. The theater was quiet, and I busted out laughing. Abby looked at me and says "is this a dream?" Which made me laugh even harder. We waited, and finally 10 minutes later the movie came back on at the right place. The movie itself basically is full of bad weather, mind you, and when it ended, we walked outside.....to the scariest kind of weather I've seen in a while. The kind where half the sky is lit with lightning and it feels like it might hail along with a Dorothy sized tornado (it didn't). Oh my goodness. What can you do but laugh, right? That's what I did, anyway.
Needless to say, don't count on your local theater being immune from power outages. And I hope that your viewing of Inception is not as crazy as ours was!
Have you seen "Inception?" Well, its intense. Like, pick-your-brain-up-off-the-floor-when-its-over kind of intense. So, we were two hours into the movie. The hero was divulging tres importante information. The music was INTENSE (thanks, Hans Zimmer, I usually love ya, but not right now), I was so nervous that I kept clicking my blackberry case (sorry, Ab), we were on pins and needles, and...........the power went out! (Okay, only for a second, but still). And we lost the movie. The theater was quiet, and I busted out laughing. Abby looked at me and says "is this a dream?" Which made me laugh even harder. We waited, and finally 10 minutes later the movie came back on at the right place. The movie itself basically is full of bad weather, mind you, and when it ended, we walked outside.....to the scariest kind of weather I've seen in a while. The kind where half the sky is lit with lightning and it feels like it might hail along with a Dorothy sized tornado (it didn't). Oh my goodness. What can you do but laugh, right? That's what I did, anyway.
Needless to say, don't count on your local theater being immune from power outages. And I hope that your viewing of Inception is not as crazy as ours was!
This sounds like something that would happen in Costa Rica....
ReplyDelete