beastly women and a patient man

Technically, I should label this post as beastly "woman" not "women."  For I certainly did not have anything to do with the success of this weekend!

The three amigos (AKA, mom, christopher and me) once again had a weekend together.  (It STINKS that it is RARE to get all four siblings together at one time).  We went camping outside of Blowing Rock.....in the RAIN.  You heard me right. In the rain. In torrential rain, for that matter.  As a matter of fact, on Friday night the rain was so intense that it flooded underneath the tent.  We were on air mattresses (naturally) that were almost floating on water.  I kid you not.

Don't get me wrong, it wasn't all bad.  I can't tell you how hard we laughed when mom literally stood in the rain to "take a bath" as she called it.  =)  I laughed as Christopher and mom sat there trying to get the water out of the tent, and C was holding my paisley umbrella and wringing out towels.

Oh, and I have to brag for a bit on my amazing mother.  This poised and polished lady can camp like a beast!  Apparently her girl scout skills didn't leave her.  She cooked us an amazing dinner of potatoes, corn on the cob and filet mignon all on the campfire. She started the fire each day, hung tarps over the fire (since, of course, it was raining), and didn't freak out like yours truly with spiders and bugs. She's awesome.

And Christopher gets the patient man award for going shopping with us two days in a row in Boone and Blowing Rock!

Love my fam!  Love the mountains.  Can't say I love camping in the rain....but I sure love memories! =)

mom soaking up water in our tent!
before the rain.
I don't know what I love more in this picture....his grimace, the fact that he is holding a paisley umbrella, or that the tag is still on the umbrella!!
staying dry

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter and Spring 2017 Recap (A "life of Brooke" shocker!!)

pre-wedding festivities continue!

Capri and Getting Home (final italy blog)