my sis is married!
What a surreal weekend! It is both exciting and weird for me that my little sis is married! Weren't we just kids? I remember bribing her to sleep in my room at night back when we were real little, many trips to Holden Beach, lots of laughter with our cousins, fun holidays, and even (stupid) childhood fights. Where did the years go?
I have to say, and I know that I am biased, but I think my sister is the prettiest bride I have ever seen! She took my breath away. I will not even come close to that on my own wedding day.


She was so excited and calm this weekend. She reminded me of Annie from "Father of the Bride" as we stood waiting to enter the room. She was calm, excited, and just smiling. No tears, no nerves. I was amazed.

They are off now to a cruise to Mexico, and then married life in Nashville. My prayer for them is that God would bring them closer to Him and to each other every day and that they would never have a single day without joy. Joy is what I want most for them in their marriage. And strong teamwork and devotion to each other.

There was so much that I enjoyed about the weekend! Top of the list was walking into the reception and seeing my mom's hard work paid off in the GORGEOUS decorations! I wish I had pictures of the reception decorations. I also had a blast dancing at the reception with my cousins and sibs and best friend Heather (who lives in Nashville). So much fun! The next best part was being able to finally REST after the weekend! Obviously I am still sitting here late at night not sleeping, but it was so great to actually get over 6 hours sleep two nights in a row this weekend finally! (Oh, and yes, I caught the bouquet - ha! - we'll see how that pans out. I am certainly not getting my hopes up. It's the second one that I have caught - the first was at Erin's wedding!)
This fall has been the busiest time in my life (insane actually), but also a time of the funnest moments in my life. I will remember so much of this weekend forever.
I have to say, and I know that I am biased, but I think my sister is the prettiest bride I have ever seen! She took my breath away. I will not even come close to that on my own wedding day.
She was so excited and calm this weekend. She reminded me of Annie from "Father of the Bride" as we stood waiting to enter the room. She was calm, excited, and just smiling. No tears, no nerves. I was amazed.
They are off now to a cruise to Mexico, and then married life in Nashville. My prayer for them is that God would bring them closer to Him and to each other every day and that they would never have a single day without joy. Joy is what I want most for them in their marriage. And strong teamwork and devotion to each other.
There was so much that I enjoyed about the weekend! Top of the list was walking into the reception and seeing my mom's hard work paid off in the GORGEOUS decorations! I wish I had pictures of the reception decorations. I also had a blast dancing at the reception with my cousins and sibs and best friend Heather (who lives in Nashville). So much fun! The next best part was being able to finally REST after the weekend! Obviously I am still sitting here late at night not sleeping, but it was so great to actually get over 6 hours sleep two nights in a row this weekend finally! (Oh, and yes, I caught the bouquet - ha! - we'll see how that pans out. I am certainly not getting my hopes up. It's the second one that I have caught - the first was at Erin's wedding!)
This fall has been the busiest time in my life (insane actually), but also a time of the funnest moments in my life. I will remember so much of this weekend forever.
Comments
Post a Comment