What goes to Vegas...Stays in Vegas!! (Vegas Part Two)

Ab and I were all set to fly out on Tuesday morning in order to get back to Winston so that I could finish preparing for Family Weekend at Salem. Ohhh, but not so fast, Brooke Barber. Thanks to Superstorm Sandy, our connecting flight through DC (what are the odds?!!) was cancelled, and since we were two of thousands in the U.S. trying to rearrange flights, we were stuck in Vegas until Thursday!! HA! Only Ab and I would have this adventure. FORTUNATELY, the parents of one of my best Salem friends happen to live in Vegas, and they took us in for two nights. They were absolutely dear to us, inviting us into their home, taking us to dinner, helping me run errands, and driving us to the airport on Thursday morning at 5:30 am.  I ADORE THEM. I also adore their little pug, Olive, who I almost dognapped!

We finally got to see the iconic Vegas sign!!

So the phrase "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas" became "What goes to Vegas, stays in Vegas!" All in all, it was a GREAT trip with great people.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter and Spring 2017 Recap (A "life of Brooke" shocker!!)

pre-wedding festivities continue!

Capri and Getting Home (final italy blog)