Winter 2011 Happenings

I am sitting here in my favorite restaurant in my neighborhood, reflecting on my life in the last few months. It has been such a unique time of sadness (my Gramps' passing), celebration (birthdays, holidays), crazy work schedules (I've worked every single weekend since new years), productivity, reflection, and even rest. I am working myself to the bone at work, but I am grateful for the training. I have witnessed the impact of my work on my students, and I am so grateful. I have taken the time to analyze my future, and to begin to pray about the future that God has for me professionally. That said, I am not going anywhere else in the immediate future. I have finally begun to invest in MYSELF.  I am taking the time to have days ALONE (this social creature has a hard time with that). I am realizing just how much I need time for reflection and quiet. I am finally making strides in organizing my own home, after moving last August. (About time, right?!). I am loving the chance to explore my local neighborhood a little bit more, and I LOVE IT HERE!  I am finally seeing the light at the end of the grad school tunnel, and thankfully will be done next May of 2013, after four years of part time study (about time, right?!!). I am finally confident in my graduate academic abilities - to understand the material, to contribute to class conversation, and to apply my learning to my profession.  I am really enjoying my classes right now, and I am also enjoying my graduate school peers. I am feeling so much love in my life, and mostly from my Heavenly Father, who knew me even before I was born. I am so grateful for all of the blessings in my life.

It has been both a hard and peaceful start to 2012!

Happy 31st, Ab!!!
I get to babysit this precious doll each week, and she has stolen my heart!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter and Spring 2017 Recap (A "life of Brooke" shocker!!)

Fall 2016 Recap

an epic week