"rolling down I-10, Baton Rouge, LSU"

Without a doubt, my favorite part of my job is overseeing orientation. It is such a happy purpose, with happy people, and usually without drama.  I LOVE ORIENTATION.  It is an area of student affairs that is just FUN!  And the best part is that there are several professional conferences for orientation professionals and orientation leaders.

This weekend I drove 12 members of my team to Baton Rouge for the Southern Regional Orientation Workshop.  Yes, we drove. It was 18 hours (including stops) each way. Yes, I was behind the wheel for half of that! Talk about calorie burning! =) (according to Livestrong, one calorie per minute!).  We stopped at Underground Atlanta on the way to the conference, and in New Orleans on the way back. The conference itself was loud, intense, busy.....and AMAZING.  And my students were amazing. 

This is why I love my job! 
outside the arena
schools from all over the southeast were represented!
N'awlins!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter and Spring 2017 Recap (A "life of Brooke" shocker!!)

pre-wedding festivities continue!

Capri and Getting Home (final italy blog)