randomness and prayer request (again)
PRAYER REQUEST
In non-random, utmost seriousness, please continue to pray for my dad's wife. Her condition is acute, with some additional red-blood cell / white-blood cell things happening as a result of her meningitis and lupus. I would not even be able to describe it correctly. But the situation is horrible, and the paralysis continues on as well. Thanks for your prayers! I firmly believe that "the prayers of a righteous person are powerful and effective." I also believe God is good. Thanks for joining me in praying for her, my dad, and her 20-year-old daughter.
Return of the randomness. Where have you been, randomness?
Lessons learned this week.
In non-random, utmost seriousness, please continue to pray for my dad's wife. Her condition is acute, with some additional red-blood cell / white-blood cell things happening as a result of her meningitis and lupus. I would not even be able to describe it correctly. But the situation is horrible, and the paralysis continues on as well. Thanks for your prayers! I firmly believe that "the prayers of a righteous person are powerful and effective." I also believe God is good. Thanks for joining me in praying for her, my dad, and her 20-year-old daughter.
Return of the randomness. Where have you been, randomness?
Lessons learned this week.
- Droids are indeed a smart phone. But putting a Droid phone in a Nextel phone network is like making Brooke refrain from drinking Coca-Cola cold turkey. IT DOESN'T FUNCTION. Moral of the story.....DON'T USE NEXTEL!! Don't use Nextel ANYTHING. Don't do it! For the love of all that is good and technological. And bless you, employer of mine, for switching in two weeks to Verizon. Now that is what I am talking about!! Can you hear me now? Good. Can you ACTUALLY GET MY TEXT MESSAGE now? GOOD!!!!!!
- Want to know how I am making it through spring allergies? THREE MEDS! It's insane! If you are in medical school, do yourself a favor and become an allergist. Seriously. Or maybe a pharmacist. Hmmm. Either way.....I'm in the wrong field!! And I have been DYING here in the world of the "february budding trees." Just today I entered work with swollen eyelids and glasses on (which, mind you, do not really fit me) and had to meet a new co-worker. AWESOME. Nice to meet ya! I'm Brooke. Director of Student Activities. AKA, the one with no makeup on. Oh, and I promise that I do have eyeballs under this swollen mess of eyelids.
- Remember last year when my car window fell into the door during the 18 degree weather? Currently, my bedroom window has decided that it likes being open. It will not close. At all. FANTASTIC. You go ahead with your bad self, window. I'll be just fine sleeping with "fresh air" at night during allergy season. No worries. You must have a deal with my eyeglasses. They must have missed me too much during the day. [Side note: I NEED A MAN! I need a honey-do guy! =(((]
It's weird, I left you a comment (or so I thought) when you originally posted this, but I'm not seeing it ever saved, sorry! We prayed for your dad's wife, hope she's doing better.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much, Erin! Blood cell part is better, but not paralysis. She is in Carolinas Rehab beside CMC for about a month. They are building up core and arm strength so that she can function as a paraplygic for a while until the inflammation does down. =( Until she gets feeling back in her lower half, they can't do that part of rehab.
ReplyDelete