st. louis

This is why I love my job.......

because even though I had to arrive at the airport at 4:30 am (after working that entire weekend), and even though I had to write a grad paper while I was there...........

I "had" to attend a conference in the cool city of St. Louis at the gorgeous Millenium Hotel overlooking the Arch. I mean, rough, right?


 
I arrived not knowing a soul, checked into the hotel, at lunch by myself (see the above pictures - that was my fun view!) and spent 24 hours not really meeting anyone and just being exhausted.  But the second day, as providence would have it, a random "girl" (I will always say "girl" - saying woman is like saying we're old. We're not old!) sat down at my table. It turned out that her husband went to high school with me, and she attended the same grad program. (Lucky for her, she's done).  It was a total "meet cute" (seen "The Holiday"?)!!!  I hung out with her crowd the rest of the conference.  It was what I had prayed for in advance, and was such a fun respite in the midst of a hard November.  So fun to have new friends to stay in touch with, and vent to about the field of student affairs!  The most fun part of meeting these professionals is that they will be at two other conferences with me this year. Life is fun, ya'll.  If not busy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter and Spring 2017 Recap (A "life of Brooke" shocker!!)

an epic week

pre-wedding festivities continue!