The academic journey continues......
Bless the hearts of those of you who followed my blogging throughout graduate school. I recently read through some old posts, and mercy, was I exhausted.
Pursuing a doctorate degree has been on my radar since I began my career in Higher Education in 2008. [Actually, it's been on the mind since 1996 when I watched my grandmother receive her Doctorate at age 70!!] I've always known that the "terminal degree" would be crucial for my ultimate success in this field.
I knew that I would take a bit of time before even considering furthering my education. I knew that I needed to settle into a new life in Idaho and get settled into my new role. Clearly, this gal needed a break.
Upon arriving in Idaho, and being inspired by my numerous friends here who recently finished or are currently finishing doctorate programs; after learning the affordability of the tuition plan at this university; after realizing that I can take up to three courses to "test the waters"; and after finalizing that I could be in class this spring with my dear friend (and first Idaho friend) Staci......
my Doctorate journey began this week!
I am on cloud nine that God has placed me in a PERFECT setting to launch this next road. Whether I finish this degree here or finish it somewhere else, I look forward to that day (I'll most likely be age 40) when I put on a gown again and receive a hard-earned piece of paper.
Pursuing a doctorate degree has been on my radar since I began my career in Higher Education in 2008. [Actually, it's been on the mind since 1996 when I watched my grandmother receive her Doctorate at age 70!!] I've always known that the "terminal degree" would be crucial for my ultimate success in this field.
I knew that I would take a bit of time before even considering furthering my education. I knew that I needed to settle into a new life in Idaho and get settled into my new role. Clearly, this gal needed a break.
Upon arriving in Idaho, and being inspired by my numerous friends here who recently finished or are currently finishing doctorate programs; after learning the affordability of the tuition plan at this university; after realizing that I can take up to three courses to "test the waters"; and after finalizing that I could be in class this spring with my dear friend (and first Idaho friend) Staci......
my Doctorate journey began this week!
I am on cloud nine that God has placed me in a PERFECT setting to launch this next road. Whether I finish this degree here or finish it somewhere else, I look forward to that day (I'll most likely be age 40) when I put on a gown again and receive a hard-earned piece of paper.
![]() |
| Lo and behold.....my first course is web based. Hello, working from home! |
![]() |
| So grateful to be on this journey with my dear friend Staci. |


Comments
Post a Comment