#IdahoLife
Yes, I just used a hashtag as as blog post title. Hahaha. Not a day goes by that I don't think of my life as being one gigantic hashtag....that I share commonalities with the world, but with my own uniqueness. Where to begin in describing my new life out here?
#Brave
I do believe that this is the bravest that I have been in my entire life. To move across the country without knowing a soul takes an amount of bravery that I don't think I even realized I had within myself. Yeah, I had lived in California after college for two years. Yes, I had galavanted around New York City and Washington, D.C. during internships. BUT.....I always had a best friend with me. This move was different. This new life was different. It has been both exillerating and terrifying at the same time.
#Blessed
People use the word blessed like its going out of style, but I can't think of any other way to describe the gifts from God I have received here in the west. From the moment I arrived, it has been one undeserved blessing after another. A perfect new home to live in after only four days in town. Co-workers who became friends in the first week. A new church home.
#Beauty
Seriously, the beauty out here in the northwest is like nothing that I had ever seen. At least once daily, I feel as if I am driving into a portrait. I go on Sunday drives, and I think to myself, "this is straight out of a Disney film - the one with Jack and the beanstalk and the little "happy valley!" Ha. Living in such a place brings me so much inner joy. I am usually a beach-loving girl, but these mountains......they've made me a fan!
#Lonely
Here's the thing about life. It is possible to be in the PERFECT situation and to battle loneliness. It hits me at random times, this tear-jerking pang of sadness. Sitting in church on Sunday. Going home after work on Friday nights. Seeing online that my friends and family are visiting back on the east coast. Arriving back to Idaho after a trip to NC, and entering my empty townhome at 1:00 am alone. It's HARD sometimes. It's loneliness that begins with my life stage and then becomes a monster because of change and distance. I give myself a bit of slack about it, realizing I am human. Then I buck-up, remind myself that I am not really ever alone, and ask myself "what are you going to do with this time??"
#NeverAlone
One of my parents said to me back in the fall, "Brookie, I truly think that God wants you to have this time with HIM. Not with a crazy, hectic life, but in rest with Him." I completely agree. I am never alone, even when I am so very much in solitude. One of my favorite song lyrics right now is this....."Make me lonely, so I can be yours, til I want no one, more than you, Lord.....Cause in the darkness, I know You will hold me." Convicting!
#Poky
Life in Pocatello is, welll, POKY!!! (Considering it is a college town, this blew me away). No speed limit above 35 mph. [Oh, how my lead foot hated me for moving here at first]. One mall with about twelve stores total, including a miniature JCPenny's. One movie theater. One of each fast food restaurant. NO TARGET!!! [I think that this was the worst part]. Three hours from the nearest Banana Republic. Two weeks for clothes to be altered. Ten days for mail to get here from the east coast [I truly think that mail must be delivered by horses]. Three hours to the nearest international airport. Sigh. Those are the hard parts. In happy thoughts, being in a Poky town means no traffic, kind people, and a tremendous sense of calm. I'll talk it!
Comments
Post a Comment