Oh, you know.....

Just hanging with "Monroe!"

So, for those who don't know, my baby brother has spent the last year as a production assistant on the NBC show, "Revolution." Because of him, and because I am simply a huge fan of anything that JJ Abrams produces, I have watched the show religiously.

My brother wrote me back in March and and said, "how much do you love me?" Lol. He then proceeded to make my YEAR! He invited me to join him in Wilmington on April 6 for the season one WRAP PARTY for the show!! Naturally, I told him that he was my favorite person on the planet, and that I was THERE!

The entire week beforehand I fretted. I fretted about what to wear. About excess weight. About my teeth that I wished were whitened. About the cornea in my left eye which had somehow gotten scratched in two places, forcing me to wear glasses for a week (which overlapped with the party). About meeting all of those actors, particularly a certain David Lyons, the Aussie hottie himself. And mostly about not wanting to embarrass my brother in any way during the party.

The weekend could NOT have been better. My brother and I spent tons of time together, eating outside at the beach, walking on the riverfront, driving through the campus of UNCW, and walking on the beach. We talked about life, dreams, and the future. SO FUN! I am so proud of the man that he has become, and I am so proud to be his sister. I can't wait to see what the future holds for him. It is bound to be incredible!

Oh, and THE PARTY. Oh my word, y'all. I literally saw or personally met all of the actors from the show. It was unreal to bowl beside Elizabeth Mitchell, who I had watched on "LOST" and "V." Insane! We played pool beside Billy Burke (lead on Revolution, and the dad from "Twilight.") I MET AND GOT A PICTURE WITH DAVID LYONS!! He is more adorable than you can imagine in person, and as down to earth as actors come. If I was crushing before, I became smitten! As we left the party, my brother was invited to a private party at Billy Burke's house. Yes, you heard me. A party at Billy Burke's. What world is this, and who am I?! We entered his downtown Wilmington home.....to a party of the LEAD ACTORS. Billy kept looking at me from across the room, almost as if he was trying to figure out who I was and why I was there. I mean, why WAS I there?! Lol! I ATE IT UP. Seriously....standing two feet from David Lyons, Billy Burke, and all the rest?! Starstruck is an understatement. My brother couldn't have cared less, which is why he does so well working with celebs. ;) And the best part of the night? Talking to David for the third time, introducing myself again (not wanting to assume he remembered me), and him saying, "we met earlier...we have photo proof." Be still my heart!









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter and Spring 2017 Recap (A "life of Brooke" shocker!!)

an epic week

pre-wedding festivities continue!