Oh, Frailty.
If I have learned anything in the last month, it is that our human bodies are quite simply frail. None of us can predict what will happen to us or inside of us which will make us weak or ultimately take our lives. I blogged last month about my sweet friend Tiffany who is fighting off her breast cancer like a champ. Later in February I learned of the death of one of our family friends....a 55-year-old mother of two grown children who lost a year-long battle with brain cancer. My heart is literally broken for her children right now. If you think of it, please pray for Carly and Trey.
This past week my own amazing mother was hospitalized after the painful escalation of some on-going abdominal issues. After many tests, including heart tests, it became clear that she was free of cancer and life-threatening illness. Thank you, God! Even with that good news was the realization that most of her internal pain would be ongoing for at least several weeks as medications seek to reverse nerve damage from Fibromyalgia and Diabetic Neuropathy. Additionally, the doctors have no explanation for the ongoing lower abdominal pain. It was almost as if were in an episode of "House" but without Dr. House. Sigh. If you would, join me in praying for my mom as she deals with a new pain management plan. I have been here with her in Charlotte almost all week, and I am so sad to leave her here as I go back to Winston-Salem tomorrow night.
I am grateful for the hope that our frail human bodies do not travel with us into heaven. I am grateful for the hope of an eternal life free of illness and pain and sadness. I am grateful for the hope of an eternity joyously spent worshiping my Heavenly Father with fellow believers who I adore! And on this night....I am so very happy that my sweet mom will be okay!
This past week my own amazing mother was hospitalized after the painful escalation of some on-going abdominal issues. After many tests, including heart tests, it became clear that she was free of cancer and life-threatening illness. Thank you, God! Even with that good news was the realization that most of her internal pain would be ongoing for at least several weeks as medications seek to reverse nerve damage from Fibromyalgia and Diabetic Neuropathy. Additionally, the doctors have no explanation for the ongoing lower abdominal pain. It was almost as if were in an episode of "House" but without Dr. House. Sigh. If you would, join me in praying for my mom as she deals with a new pain management plan. I have been here with her in Charlotte almost all week, and I am so sad to leave her here as I go back to Winston-Salem tomorrow night.
I am grateful for the hope that our frail human bodies do not travel with us into heaven. I am grateful for the hope of an eternal life free of illness and pain and sadness. I am grateful for the hope of an eternity joyously spent worshiping my Heavenly Father with fellow believers who I adore! And on this night....I am so very happy that my sweet mom will be okay!
Comments
Post a Comment