Purposefully Pink

In 2004, I moved back to Charlotte from California, found a new church, and one month later continued my volunteering with high school youth that I began out west. My first Charlotte small group was a group of juniors and seniors who instantly endeared themselves to me with their humorous chatter and their raw vulnerability. One of these girls was Tiffany Nam.

Over the last nine years, I have watched this girl grow from a high school senior to a 25-year-old brilliant pharmacist. I have watched her grow spiritually and become a vital leader in her home church's junior high ministry. We have transitioned from youth leader/student to simply being great friends. While I may have encouraged her in her faith in 2004, she now is my encourager. She has driven to see me in Winston for every birthday over the last four years, even when I never get to visit her. She is one of the best friends anyone could ask for. And now...she is going to need me.

Tiffany shared publicly two weeks ago that she has stage two breast cancer. I am still dumbfounded.

http://carolinagoober.wordpress.com/blog/

Cancer is sadly rampant in her family, but this is just unfathomable at age 25. Unbelievable. I know God is truly good, but cancer simply sucks away life and it sucks away joy. At least for me. Tiffany, on the other hand? She is as joyous and faithful as ever. Her trust in God and His timing is literally incredible. Abby (who met Tiff this summer) and I spent time with her this weekend, and she was the same old Tiff, cracking jokes. Amazing.

She gets her port tomorrow, has a biopsy on Tuesday, and begins bi-weekly chemo on Wednesday. Will you join me in praying for her? Thank you, blogger friends!











Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Winter and Spring 2017 Recap (A "life of Brooke" shocker!!)

pre-wedding festivities continue!

Capri and Getting Home (final italy blog)