epic road trip and wedding season continues

In my line of work, it is usually ill advised to take vacation in August.  In four years of work, this was the first time that I even attempted it.  But as a bridesmaid twice in one fall, what must be done, well, must be done!  There were very important friends to honor and lots of fun to be had!! I made it through moving my apartment, made it through Orientation, handled our Fall Fest Kick-Off Party - and then HIT THE ROAD.

First stop - Nashville! 

My oldest and best friend, Heather, had her engagement shower in Nashville. Her friends hosted a great party, and I adored getting to be reunited with our other high school BFF, Annie.

This couple has completely renewed my faith that God can bring people together quickly and perfectly! 

Oh, and I got to see my little sis, too! =) 
Then it was on to Holden Beach with my mom!  One of her students has a beach house, and it was WONDERFUL to get away, sleep in, ride bikes every day, and actually read a book that was not for grad school!
AND.....we got to see a turtle hatching.....one of my absolute favorite things to watch!!
such sweet little babies!!

After Holden Beach, it was on to Charleston for my friend Katherine's bachelorette!  Oh my word. I not only adore Charleston, but I cannot think of a more fun place to have spent Labor Day weekend than with one of my dearest friends celebrating her upcoming wedding.  We dined at the best places, shopped (well, window, at least) a ton, and stayed right there in the historic district.  

I adore me some Mont Mont! =)
When I returned to work....well, let's just say that despite my best efforts (checking email for two hours every day), I had many fires to put out. BUT....celebrating two best friends, and being able to rest for a few days in between, was SO GREAT.  More pics to come, as this is truly (for me) the ultimate wedding season! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter and Spring 2017 Recap (A "life of Brooke" shocker!!)

an epic week

pre-wedding festivities continue!