screaming like a middle school girl

I must preface this post by saying that I have been a fan of New Kids on the Block since the beginning. Since 1988.  Ever since I learned the steps to Hanging Tough and the words to Step by Step.  Ever since I fell in love with Donny as he sang Cover Girl.  I think I watched their 1989 television concert at every slumber party for a year!  I didn't think that I was going to get to their concert with Backstreet Boys this past July, but miracles do happen!  (Even ridiculous ones like childhood dreams fulfilled!)

I don't know if there is any way to describe the wonder of this concert.  But I will try!

I don't think that there is anything cuter than a man who can sing and dance. And at the same time. Case in point - Matthew Morrison. He opened the show.  I tried not to faint. I tried not to scream too loud. I only succeeded at not fainting.  


Have you ever had a moment when you started to cry without realizing it? I hadn't, ever, in my entire life.  But when New Kids came out on stage, with fog and lights, and a RISING stage (for cryin' out loud) I couldn't event control my tears. We're not talking the "ugly cry," but we are definitely talking about tears in the eyes and shaking.  THEY WERE AMAZING.  Friends, they still have the right stuff.  I will still be Donnie's Cover Girl any day.  They hang tough at age 40 just as well as they did at 20.  I feel like this was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity that will NEVER be replicated.  I wish that I knew how to upload videos to this blog, because I have some great video clips of these hotties.  Alas, these pics will have to suffice.  ENJOY!!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter and Spring 2017 Recap (A "life of Brooke" shocker!!)

an epic week

pre-wedding festivities continue!